Dynamic hip screw: implant failure
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Implant failure on the right with malunion of the NOF fracture. Normal DHS on the left.
Normal post-op DHS appearance:
- lag screw should be in the center of the femoral head
- tip of lag screw should be 0.5 inch away from femoral head articular surface
- side-plate closely abutting lateral femoral cortex without any gap
- screws for plate fixation should just penetrate medial femoral cortex
- Bone and Joint Imaging, 3rd Edition; By Doland Resnick M.D. & Mark. J. Kransdorf. M.D. Page 183.