History of lymphoma presented for staging. Incidental finding on PET-CT.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Moderate increase in FDG uptake within the soft-tissue mass in the left inferior subscapular region (deep to the serratus anterior muscle) with SUV max 2.6.
(The lesion has similar density to the adjacent skeletal muscles on conventional CT scan).
Smaller and less metabolically active lesion is noted at the right side.
Coronal PET image shows hypermetabolic bilateral cervical lymph nodes.
Elastofibroma dorsi is a benign soft-tissue tumor with a characteristic location (the subscapular region) and imaging appearance.
They are relatively common lesions.
Elastofibromas have characteristic imaging findings on MRI and CT.
Mild and moderate uptake of FDG is frequently observed in elastofibroma dorsi, which should not be misinterpreted as malignant lesions 2.
1 article features images from this case
7 public playlist include this case
- PET Basics by Dr Justin G Peacock
- Nuclear Medicine Board Prep by Dr Justin G Peacock
- PET CT by Dr Abdel-Rahman Abdel-Halim
- PET by Dr James Sheldon ◉
- Nuclear Medicine - MSK by Dr Justin G Peacock
- FRCR 2b Chest (pleural, chest wall, diapgragm) by Dr Sabahat Ather
- Normal Variants by Dr Mostafa El-Feky ◉