Endometrioma - T2 dark spot sign
Citation, DOI and case data
Pelvic pain. History of cesarean section few years ago.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The case of pathologically proved endometrioma. In most cases, the distinction between endometriomas from other hemorrhagic lesions, such as functional hemorrhagic ovarian cysts, can be difficult. MR findings show the T2 dark spot sign that is specific for chronic hemorrhage and therefore is useful in the diagnosis of ovarian endometriomas.
The exact cause of this finding is unclear. T2 dark spots may represent chronic retracted blood clots that contain a high concentration of protein and/or hemosiderin.
1 article features images from this case
9 public playlist include this case
- Common signs by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- Revision - Gynae - by Aman Sandhu
- Gynae Viva Ultrasound 2 by Dr Babawale S. Niyi
- GUT by dr Maimoona murad khan
- GU by Taimur
- A short 2021 by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- Obs Gyn MR by Dr Michael Kreltszheim
- INTERESTING CASES by Harshitha Shanbhag
- Gynecology by abdallah abu younes