Epidermal inclusion cyst - neck
C/o right angle of mandible region swelling - 15 yrs. C/o local pain - 1 wk.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Well-defined ovoid lesion is seen in region of interest.
Size - 50 x 50 x 35 mm
Location - Subcutenous plane.
- Seperate from mabdible - muscle.
- Seperate from superfiicial lobe of parotid gland and submabdibular gland.
Morphology: Hypoechoic, with few linear internal strands, no calcification, posterior acoustic enhancement is present ant it`s partly compressible.
- Thin well-defined wall is noted surrounding most of lesion.
- About 20 mm defect is noted on medial aspect .
- Out side defect fluid echoes and lesion material is noted - 25 x 25 mm
Doppler: Perilesional flow is noted at site of leak. No perilesional flow is noted where wall is intact. No Flow in the lesion.
Leak from cyst causing local inflammation and pain.
- Sonographic Findings of Ruptured Epidermal Inclusion Cysts in Superficial Soft Tissue Emphasis on Shapes, Pericystic Changes, and Pericystic Vascularity. J Ultrasound Med 2008; 27:171–176