Erlenmeyer flask deformity
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ahmed Nasman had no recorded disclosures.View Ahmed Nasman's current disclosures
Known case of pure red cell aplasia, presented with few days of hypoactivity, pallor and decreased appetite.
Frontal radiographs show diaphyseal constriction and metaphyseal flaring of both femora (Erlenmeyer flask deformity).
There are multiple radiopaque transverse lines noted involving metaphysis of long bones (each femur, tibia and fibula) known as Harris lines or growth arrest lines.
Erlenmeyer flask deformity and long bones Harris lines as a result of congenital pure RBCs aplasia ( Diamond-Blackfan Anemia ).
- King Hussain Cancer Center ( KHCC )
21 public playlists include this case
- Paediatrics 9 - Erlenmeyer flask deformity by Praveen Samarawickrama
- P2 - MSK by Sachi Hapugoda ◉
- rk220619 by Rohit Gupta
- Final B&J part 2 by Jesse Walker
- Rapid4 by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- core ped by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- bone and joint exam 3 by Andrew Flack
- Izak paediatric cases by Izak Van der Walt
- Paeds by Kevin Sheng
- Pediatric FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- gincana elise by ferdinand duenas cabrera filho
- 2a by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- Dr Loh - 2/12/19 by Nepean Radiology
- The Mater teaching file by Ghadir H Kassab
- Musculoskeletal by Ranjit kumar
- MSK 1 by Danielle Byrne
- B&J. by Kayla Beck
- Bone and Joint 3 by Kensy Jean
- Get through final FRCR 2A-2017 by Sohaib Zoghoul
- FRCR VIVA 5 by Mohammad Shoaib
- Imaging 2 - Hematologic & Vascular by John Bassano