Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Bruno Di Muzio had no recorded disclosures.View Bruno Di Muzio's current disclosures
Motor vehicle accident
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
An extensive fracture of the frontal and right temporal bone with minimal displacement of the inner diploe in the frontal region (1.8 mm).
There is an associated right frontotemporal extradural hematoma that causes mass effect over the adjacent brain and midline shift.
Small foci of cerebral contusions are seen in the right frontal lobe.
A subgaleal hematoma is also present along the right frontotemporal portion of the calvaria.
This case shows the classic appearance of an acute extradural hemorrhage in a young patient involved in a head strike. This hematoma represents a collection of blood that forms between the inner surface of the skull and outer layer of the dura (which is the periosteum), it is a subperiosteal hematoma located on the inside of the skull.
The patient was submitted to a prompt neurosurgery evacuation of the hematoma.
2 articles feature images from this case
36 public playlists include this case
- BPT neuro by Paul Bui
- RBWH - key conditions Neuro/Head & Neck by Tim Wastney
- TEC by José Miguel Gutiérrez Giraud
- NEURORADIOLOGY by Charlotte Be
- WSU Medstudents Neuro and Abdo Cases by Chandra
- Acute confusion Teaching by O .
- 一SOA 2018 Kahoot by Jeremy Jones ◉
- VGHTC-10501 by Chung Jui-Fu
- Radiographer Talk by Dirk Tromp
- Trauma ED registrars by Matthew Lukies
- Neuroradiology by David Little ◉
- Radiology Interview by Evyn Arnfield
- 6b_055 Basic Brain Trauma by RAB Six
- 2019-20 EM neuro by Derek Smith ◉
- Traumatic intracranial haemorrhage by Sohrabh Memon
- TEST by Onderwijs Radiologie UMCG
- BBH Med students CT Brain 2 by Jeremy Lim ◈
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Brain: Skull fractures by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- 3rd year medics teach by Lara Jehanli
- Session 4.7.21 by Ashlee Kates-Ascioti
- 2022 4 by Richard Hodgson ◉
- thorax koas by Devi Astri Kusumawardani
- SurgeryLive by Osama Al-Jibury
- Extradural hemorrhage by Sherif Mohsen
- Emergency brain and cervical spine by Matthew Lukies
- Post Mortem Live Playlist by Osama Al-Jibury
- 2019 SCOTGEM Neurorad by Derek Smith ◉
- TraumaLive by Osama Al-Jibury
- Certificate: 2.8 Brain trauma by RAB Six
- CEIBS 2020 - Kahoot NeuroRx by Antonio Jesús
- supervision by Richard Hodgson ◉
- Brain - Medical Students by Georgina Venn
- Trauma - Brain by Andy
- Diskusi Neurotrauma by Gregorius Enrico, Sp.Rad
- "How To Read a Head CT" Chapter 7 Supplement by Stefan Tigges ◉
- 2023 Neuro by Richard Hodgson ◉