Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Craig Hacking had no recorded disclosures.View Craig Hacking's current disclosures
Obstructive jaundice and weight loss
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Intrahepatic dilatation is noted. The common bile duct measures up to 14 mm diameter and abruptly narrows at the superior margin of the head of the pancreas. The pancreatic head appears bulky with ill-defined enhancement on both arterial and portal venous phase but no discrete mass is identified. Inferiorly adjacent a duodenal diverticulum is noted. The remainder of the pancreas is atrophic. Peripancreatic fat planes appear preserved with no fat stranding. The splenic and main portal veins are patent with no evidence of thrombus. No retroperitoneal or abdominal lymphadenopathy.
No focal liver lesion is identified. Previous cholecystectomy is noted. The spleen, left kidney and adrenals are normal in appearance. Small cortical cysts noted in the right kidney. The imaged bowel is unremarkable. No peritoneal free fluid or gas.
No suspicious osseous lesions.
Intrahepatic and extrahepatic biliary dilatation with abrupt narrowing of the distal common bile duct at the head of the pancreas but no discrete pancreatic mass identified. This likely represents malignant stricture of the distal common bile duct from either an ductal cholangiocarcinoma or a pancreatic head mass.
ERCP washings and EUS biopsy confirmed cholangiocarcinoma.
17 public playlists include this case
- Certificate: 3_102b Diagnosis and Staging of Cholangiocarcinoma by RAB Three
- Abdomen by Laura
- Biliary tree/gallbladder by Allister Howie
- abdominal pain and jaundice by Dr Fahad Dilawez Rathore
- CC by Jose Luis Derdoy
- abdomen 3 by N Seth
- WART ONLINE TEACHING_LIVER by Nathalie Falkner
- H biliary by dr quratulain
- onco6-p13 by tuanleminh ◉
- Liver,gallbladder by Alexander Thorvaldsson
- FRCR 2B HPB by Eelin Tan
- Abdomen General by Hassan Shoushtari Zadeh ◉
- CT Abdomen by Stephan Ellmann
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - Hepatobiliary by Charlie Handley
- Liver Malignant Liver tumor by Hamidou Kourouma
- ct abdomen by Pallavi Kamat
- 3_102b Diagnosis and Staging of Cholangiocarcinoma by RAB Three