An elderly lady with swelling and pain in the right side of the face.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The dentition of the right side of the maxilla is floating. The alveolar ridge is lucent in keeping with diffuse bony destruction.
A classic appearance of floating teeth. A fellowship exam favorite as it is a great case to choose for an exam because:
- a less commonly reported radiograph
- is good for descriptive purposes
- tests knowledge as to whether the candidate is aware of the correct terminology
- has a short, but definite set of differential diagnoses
- head and neck cases feature less commonly and often a less favored domain for many
This was due to a late presentation of an advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the maxilla.