Focal cortical dysplasia
MRI was performed 24 hours after the first episode of epilepsy.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There is a subtle focal thickening of the inferior right frontal cortex with blurring of the grey-white matter junction (arrow on T1 sequence), compatible with focal cortical dysplasia. This thickening is isointense to the cortex on most sequences and slightly hyperintense on T2. The rest of the study is within normal limits.
The diagnosis of focal cortical dysplasia was pathologically proven.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlist include this case
- MRI brain by Dr Pallavi Kamat
- TK bam sinh by Do Dang Tan
- GK - Viva - Paediatrics by GLK
- Paed - Clinical Conditions - Head by Dr Charlie Handley
- GK - Paeds - Neuro - Congenital by GLK
- Central Nervous System by omer
- Neuro (part 6) (part 1) by Taimur
- Paeds assorted by Dr Arthur Daire
- Paediatric Tony Chen by Dr Tony Chen
- 1111sasimk by faramarz