Focal peri-ventricular heterotopia
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Amr Farouk had no recorded disclosures.View Amr Farouk's current disclosures
30 years old presenting with long history of convulsions.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Focal area of gray matter is seen deeply located and indenting the occipital horn of the left lateral ventricle with adjacent abnormal sulcation of the overlying cortex. A deep sulcus is present which does not appear to reach the ventricle.
This case demonstrates definite periventricular heterotopia with associated overlying abnormal cortex. The differential is that of closed lip schizencephaly with an unseen cleft reaching the ventricle. The absence of a small nipple-like outpouching from the ependymal surface makes this less likely to be the case.
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlists include this case
- Aunt Minnies - Neuro by Michael Stewart ◈
- long cases by Afaq Mohamed Siddiqui
- Nov 1st by Hemali Madhurangani Rajapaksha
- Neuroimaging cases by Ramy Gamal El-Sayed Ayad
- 18/1 by Trần Quang Lộc
- NEURO by Edouard De Sousa
- Arab board long cases + spotters by Shareefa Abdulghaffar
- NRAD by Johann Jende
- Important cases by Gulshan gupta
- Cns by Sadaf jabeen
- Neuro by Alvaro Zuñiga Gutierrez
- CNS by Laiba Khalid
- Aunt Minnie Nöro by Turay Cesur