New hemoptysis in a known follicular bronchiolitis patient recently on macrolide antibiotic therapy.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
- Widespread small centrilobular ground-glass nodules can be noted in both lungs predominantly in the lower lung zones.
- There is a small patchy consolidation in the perihilar region of the left lower lobe.
- Diffuse bronchial wall thickening is noted.
- There is no evidence of significant mucus plugging.
- There is no pleural effusion.
The patient had a previous thymectomy and was a non-smoker.
The presence of centrilobular ground-glass nodules is typical finding in follicular bronchiolitis due to the hyperplasia of the bronchus-associated lymphoid tissue .
In addition small pulmonary cysts are noted as well, which is a common related finding.