Free silicon injections breast
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Garth Kruger had no recorded disclosures.View Garth Kruger's current disclosures
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Two cc views of a screening mammogram. Multiple collections of free silicon in the parenchyma of both breasts. Some of the pools have begun curvilinear calcification. The left breast had less silicon than the right, hence the difference in radiodensity.
This lady had this procedure done to augment her breasts in the far East in 1998. The technique involves the percutaneous injection of silicon directly into the breast parenchyma. On MLO views you can in some cases see silicon in the regional lymph nodes.
It's tough to pick up small cancer in busy breasts like these. The breasts were clinically on exam.
- 1. Cynthia I. Caskey, Wendie A. Berg, Ulrike M. Hamper, Sheila Sheth, Bernard W. Chang, Norman D. Anderson. Imaging Spectrum of Extracapsular Silicone: Correlation of US, MR Imaging, Mammographic, and Histopathologic Findings1. (1999) RadioGraphics.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- Breast - Calcs by Charles Werren ◉
- Breast viva by Vicci du Plessis
- Breast by Muna Almull
- FRANZCR 06B Breast by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- Part 2 Breast Imaging by Hao Xiang
- Breast by Gajan Surendra
- Aunt Minnie - Breast by Mikkelo Sususco
- Part 2 Mammo by Hao Xiang
- Breast Augmentation by Trina Whittaker
- Breast by Abdullah Hajar
- 4a_009 Radiological Assessment of Women with Breast Implants by RAB Four
- Breast by Sindhura Nirmalarajan ◉