Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ian Bickle had no recorded disclosures.View Ian Bickle's current disclosures
Admitted with central abdominal pain. Previous history of bariatric surgery.
Port and associated tubing from a gastric band procedure.
Gastric band insertion is a fairly common form of contemporary bariatric surgery.
The band, tubing and port are well delineated on plain x-ray.
The permeable membrane of the port is identified as a circular disc - this may be accessed under fluroscopic guidance for adjustment of the band.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- AXR-all you need to know by Ian Bickle ◉
- FRANZCR 03 Abdo by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- GIT VIVA by Khush Bakht
- GUT by Khush Bakht
- Long case 1 dummy by Vijaylaxmi .
- Devices to know by Taimur
- FRANZCR ABDO X-RAY 1 by Babawale S. Niyi
- FRCR CASES 6 by Nazahat Pasha
- VIVA SET 6 by MANIMEKALA THAMBITHURAI
- 2B: GI-Upper by Daoud akhtar
- 2b by Trilochan Panthee
- 3.0 Learning Radiology by Paul-Gabriel Baragan ◉