Giant cell tumor and metacarpal fracture
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Undisplaced spiral fracture of the second metacarpal shaft. No other injury identified.
Incidental 1 cm ovoid well-defined lucent lesion in the distal radius with a well defined cortical margin. It has an indolent appearance and likely a giant cell tumor with a DDx of chondroblastoma and possibly an aneurysmal bone cyst.
No histologic correlation as the patient was lost to follow up.
Beware satisfaction of search!
A giant cell tumor typically has four features:
- eccentric location
- abutting an articular cortex
- closed physes
- non sclerotic margin (although up to 5% may have some sclerosis 1)
DDx for lucent epiphyseal lesions:
- geode - need to have other signs of osteoarthritis
- infection - should have clinical signs
- ABC - occasionally epiphyseal