Gout - feet
Citation, DOI and case data
A 55-year-old male presented with severe attacks of digital pain and inability to walk.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Extensive juxta-articular erosions with dense soft tissue swelling are seen at first MTP joints in both side, right-sided first toe interphalangeal joint, PIP of the left foot second toe and PIP of right foot second and third toes.
Bone density is of the normal range.
Recent patient case complains of chronic pain and swelling in the foot with an inability to walk on concrete and waking at night, resistant to the medication.
Gout is an inflammatory arthritis and any joint can be involved in gout, but the first MTP joint is the most common.
Classic x-ray findings of gout consists of juxta-articular and intra-articular erosions with sclerotic margins and overhanging edges. bone density is normal. Tophi can be seen as soft-tissue dense masses adjacent to the joints in chronic stages of the disease.
11 public playlist include this case
- Rhumato by Yasmine Mestassi
- Erosive Arthritis by Dr Shanesh Kumar
- Practice Reads by Timothy Brookes
- teaching file by Dr Sadaf jabeen
- Bone/skeleton by Dr Saurabh Srivastava ◉
- MSK tutorial by Deirdre Graham
- Cases 2B by Dr Horea Craciun
- Arthritis by Savannah Shortz
- Kivelitz by Philipp May
- Crystal Arthropathy by Mayooran Kandasamy
- MSK xrays by Dr Minh Xuan Truong ◉