Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Abdulmajid Bawazeer had no recorded disclosures.View Abdulmajid Bawazeer's current disclosures
Known case of hypertension on spironolactone medication came complaining of left breast pain and swelling.
The left breast appears prominent in size and shows flame-shaped speculated retroareolar density seen in the left breast with no calcification or abnormal axillary lymph nodes.
The right breast appears unremarkable.
There is retroareolar flame-shaped hypoechoic lesion with no significant vascularity or internal calcification.
The right breast shows no focal lesion.
Bilateral benign looking axillary lymph nodes are seen.
1 case question available
Gynecomastia is the most common abnormality in the male breast, associated with many risk factors as drugs (as in our case spironolactone), hormonal, systemic illness, tumors and idiopathic.
Clinical examination reveals retroareolar disc like mobile mass which is tender during the exam.
1 article features images from this case
26 public playlists include this case
- Aunt Minnies - Breast by Michael Stewart ◈
- FRCR 2B Listing by Sherif Mohsen
- breast by Huma Haseeb
- GK - Breast - Benign lesions by GLK
- breast by kevin were wanambiro
- Breast playlist by Kanika Garg
- Gynecomastia by Subhan Iqbal
- Hunain Viva 2 by Krishna Anand
- Breast cases for FRCR by Santhosh Kumar GV
- GK - Viva - Breast by GLK
- FRCR 2B CASES by Nazahat Pasha
- breast by yoke lim
- 2b breast by Prakruthi Venkatappa
- GK - Breast by GLK
- Viva by yu faye yu
- Respiratory: Common and visible by Akshaykumar
- Revise by Mohamed Faragalla
- Breast playlist 25/11 by Laila Adel Mohsen
- Final frcr 2b playlist by Rubi Subhash
- BREAST by Jeneesh K
- breast cases by Soumya Hareendranath
- Casltle 3 by Shalitha Bandara Samarakoon
- mas1 by Mohammed Elsangidy
- mammo by saba
- breast by R A A
- breast by Maimoona murad khan