Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Paresh K Desai had no recorded disclosures.View Paresh K Desai's current disclosures
Fever altered sensorium. CSF analysis showed lymphocytosis.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Increased T2 signal with corresponding restriction diffusion noted in left insular cortex and anteroinferior frontal lobes.
Classic features of herpes encephalitis are demonstrated.
Asymmetric temporal lobe involvement.
Involvement of the insular cortex; gyrus rectus.
Diffusion restriction of the affected areas.
This patient also has involvement of the frontal cortex on both sides.
1 article features images from this case
12 public playlists include this case
- educational cases by Sepehr Haghighi
- Neuro-inflamatory, infections and neurodegenerative by Peneoasu Cristian
- FRCR 2B by Raham Karimaghaei
- Neuro by Mohamed El Deen
- STAFF 8 by Hoàng Văn Hậu
- FRCR 2B by Janice Wee Yong Li
- Ensefalitler by Turay Cesur
- 2nd by dina
- CNS by Sara maher
- efilm2016(2) by Hassan Shoushtari Zadeh ◉
- panel 02/a by Pradeep Jayantha Gamage
- Neuro by Péricles Almeida da Costa