Holoprosencephaly - semilobar type
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Abdrabou A, Holoprosencephaly - semilobar type. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 04 Jun 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-26772
At the time the case was submitted for publication Ahmed Abdrabou had no recorded disclosures.View Ahmed Abdrabou's current disclosures
7 Jan 2014
12 times, by 2 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Case of the day:
18 Jan 2014
Failure to thrive and delayed developmental milestones
Age: 5 months old
From the case: Holoprosencephaly - semilobar type
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
MRI shows the following findings:-
- The interhemispheric fissure is defective anteriorly.
- Fused basal ganglia while the thalami are not fused.
- Absent frontal horns and anterior body of both lateral ventricles.. the rest of lateral ventricles are fused posteriorly.
- Absent rostrum, genu and anterior body of corpus callosum.
- Fused frontal lobes leaving only small area of communication for white matter to cross the midline (other than corpus callosum) best seen on DWI.
Holoprosencephaly is rare congenital anomaly results from incomplete separation of the brain into two hemispheres. it is classified as alobar, semilobar or lobar types.
- Barkovich AJ, Moore KR, Grant E et-al. Diagnostic imaging. AMIRSYS. (2007) ISBN:1416049185. Read it at Google Books - Find it at Amazon
1 article features images from this case
11 public playlists include this case
- Pediatrics by Kwadwo Antwi
- Neuro set by Sindhura Nirmalarajan ◉
- pediatric neurology by Ameer Mohamed Nabawy
- pediatric neurology by AHMED BELETA
- A short 2021 by Abdullah Hajar
- Holoprosencephaly - semilobar typ by Mohammed alhammadi
- HD&GL4 by Hung Dang
- Malformation - Neuro by Victor Salamanca
- neuro by dr vaibhav by rajendra jain
- Caderno de erros neuro by ferdinand duenas cabrera filho
- game neuro 1 by Minh Tu Hoang