Previous upper urinary tract infection. No ultrasound abnormalities. Vesicoureteral reflux suspected.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
In early and complete filling images acquired at rest, a left first grade VUR was found. The images acquired in voiding reveal Hutch diverticula on both sides of the bladder with an actual fourth grade left VUR. No evidence of posterior urethral valves.
In 1961, John Hutch described a primary type of bladder diverticula.
The Hutch diverticula are:
- intermittent, usually appear during voiding,
- located near the ureterovesical junction,
- associated with vesicoureteral reflux.
VUR has always to be evaluated both in filling and in voiding.
Ureterocele is a submucosal cystic dilation of the terminal ureter, usually intravesical.
- 1. posterng.netkey.at. Aims and objectives. Read relevant article. Accessed on 28/04/2016
- 2. Berrocal T, López-Pereira P, Arjonilla A et-al. Anomalies of the distal ureter, bladder, and urethra in children: embryologic, radiologic, and pathologic features. Radiographics. 2002;22 (5): 1139-64. doi:10.1148/radiographics.22.5.g02se101139 - Pubmed citation