Citation, DOI & case data
Patient attends for follow up following recent thoracic surgery.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Clips at the left hilum in keeping with a recent pneumonectomy.
Air-fluid level in the mid left thoracic cavity, in keeping with a hydropneumothorax.
Hydropneumothorax describes air and fluid within the pleural space. It has a typical straight appearance at the air-fluid interface, as opposed to the meniscus of a purley fluid filled pleural collection.
Two of the most common reasons are in trauma and in the early stages following pneumonectomy, as the thorax cavity fills with fluid following surgery.
19 public playlists include this case
- H-Y thorax cases by Elías Sæbjörn Eyþórsson
- xrays by Aoife Lee
- Chest Case Studies by Andrew Aldea
- ST1 Teaching AG by Alexander Gilhespy
- Pulmonology by Muhammad Umair Shafique Sheikh
- Lung by Maria Mirabela Fratila
- Xrays by Ahmad Nakdali
- Chest Rad 3rd Year by Stephanie Vojvodin
- PTE - Radiology Chest by Sándor Szukits
- Chest Pathology by Konnor Kennedy
- CXR - My EDIC Practice by Lorinc
- TEAM CHEST 4th Dec 2021 by Sabahat Ather
- UQ Radiology video tutorial: Chest: Pleural effusion by Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Pneumonectomy by Piotr Guzdziol
- Plaman&Cardio-Vascular by Popovici Alexandra
- RS by Marko Atanasković
- Chest Viva by Emily Davidson
- slucajevi by Miodrag Nisevic
- Msc 3 by Hassan Magdy