Hyperflexion cervical spine injury (flexion teardrop fracture)
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Sagittal bone window
Hyperflexion cervical spine injury in the form of:
- Compression wedge fracture of C7 vertebra which shows anterior wedging and propulsion of bone fragment anteriorly (tear drop fracture) with small adjacent avulsed bone fragment and retropulsion of its posterior superior endplate which is indenting the cervical cord.
- The right C6/7 facet joint shows fracture dislocation with anterior translation of the inferior articular process of C6 over the fractured superior articular process of C7 vertebra.
- The contralateral left C6/7 facet is distracted yet not dislocated.
- Minimal anterolithesis of C6 vertebra.
- Widening of the C6/7 inter-spinous space.
- Mild kyphotic deformity of the cervical curvature.