Hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication The Radswiki had no recorded disclosures.View The Radswiki's current disclosures
Vomiting in a baby.
Gas filled dilated stomach with a paucity of bowel gas in the small and large bowel. At the top of the film a central venous catheter can be seen.
Ultrasound demonstrates an elongated pylorus (2.3cm) with a thickened muscular wall (0.5cm).
2 case questions available
Ultrasound demonstrates thick and elongated pylorus.
These images are from Dr. Paula Brill's excellent pediatric radiology collection.
Dr. Brill is a professor in the department of radiology (pediatric section) at Weill Cornell.
This case was donated to Radiopaedia.org by Radswiki.net
1 article features images from this case
30 public playlists include this case
- ABDOMEN - MEDIUM CASES by Kester Ozuem Maduadi ◉
- Paediatrics (GIT) by K Hussain
- Paeds - abdomen & pelvis by Seb Belfrage
- abdomen basics by Ihssane Afilal
- 2A Questions #1 by Jeremy Jones ◉
- Stomach by Geri Darmanin
- GD: Paediatrics - Gastrointestinal by Gurjeet Dulku
- FRCR MG by Mahmoud Ghanem ◉
- Spotter by hayam Ameen
- GI by Samuel Moniyong
- peads PJ 1 by Vijaylaxmi .
- pediatric uro by AHMED BELETA
- Spotters 2 by Abhilash Sandhyala
- Paediatrics by Naseera Khanum
- ped GIT by Emad Hamdi
- Neonatal bowel obstruction by Thuan Tzen, Koh
- P2 - Paediatrics by Sachi Hapugoda ◉
- Viva 1 by Lim Dwee Shion
- Paeds abdo by Joshua Yap ◉
- KASARANENI by NAVEEN KASARANENI
- mahwash peds neuro by Mahwash rehan
- Pediatric Cases... Dr Tarek Diab by Tarek Ahmed Mohamed Diab
- paeds by Ciaran Redmond
- paeds by Frank Dorrian
- Ped by Nahla fawzy mohamed noiem
- paeds GIT by ANA CARLA BENITEZ MENDES
- ED teaching Abdo by Matthew Leung
- paediatric by Hazal Karli
- viva 3 by wael
- FRCR by AMRITHA PP