Hypoplastic left heart syndrome - antenatal
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Bahman Rasuli had no recorded disclosures.View Bahman Rasuli's current disclosures
Primigravida with an antenatal scan at 20 weeks.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There was normal fetal situs.
The left ventricle is atretic on 4-chamber view.
Small left atrium.
Mitral atresia and no flow through the valve.
The right atrium and right ventricle are enlarged because of the alterations in hemodynamics.
Double outlet right ventricle with the origination of the aorta and pulmonary artery with antegrade flows from the right ventricle is seen.
The size discrepancy of the enlarged pulmonary artery and smaller aorta also is present.
The rest of the fetal anatomical survey was normal.
Fetal maturity corresponded to LMP.
The 4 chamber view is particularly helpful in initial in-utero assessment. May show a small ascending aorta, and a small but thick-walled left ventricle while the right heart chambers may appear enlarged. The movement of the mitral valve may also appear significantly impaired.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlists include this case
- Ultimate obstetrics by Khalid Alsahli
- OBG LAST DAY RANZCR by PARTH ANUKUL NAIK
- Lastday Ranzcr before efilm by PARTH ANUKUL NAIK
- Obstetric Ultrasound Cases by Naveen Kumar Govindaraju
- Paeds acyanotic congenital heart + masses by Joshua Yap ◉
- Congenital heart by Allister Howie
- Obstetric by Mohamed R Nouh
- obstetric us by Huseyin Kasap
- Kester-Kenis case discussion by Kenis Shedrack Felangu
- 1 by Sankeerth Kendyala