Iatrogenic superior vena cava injury with pericardial contrast leak
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Alqudah A, Iatrogenic superior vena cava injury with pericardial contrast leak. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 29 May 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-56672
At the time the case was submitted for publication Abdallah Alqudah had no recorded disclosures.View Abdallah Alqudah's current disclosures
15 Nov 2017
4 times, by 3 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Case of the day:
05 Dec 2017
This patient is known to have SVC obstruction, underwent SVC recannulization, which was thought to be complicated by injury.
Age: 35 year old
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Contrast media seen in the pericardial space due to complicated attempt for recanlization of the SVC.
The patient had a complicated SVC obstruction recannulization, and injury of the SVC was suspected.
CT scan with IV contrast was done which showed contrast media pooling in the pericardial sac confirming the presumed SVC injury.
1 article features images from this case
10 public playlists include this case
- Vascular cases by Antonio Castellaccio
- CT classes by Rodrigo García Gorga
- cardiac-2 by tuanleminh ◉
- Mokh chest xray quiz1 by mokhtarelbayer
- PROTOCOLOS Angio & Cardio CT by Rodrigo García Gorga
- Cateter e Aparelhos do Tórax by Anderson Silva Chalegre
- Vas-2 by tuanleminh ◉
- Trauma by Ramy Gamal El-Sayed Ayad
- Vas-3 by tuanleminh ◉
- cardiac-1 by tuanleminh ◉