Ileocecal tuberculosis with intestinal obstruction
Citation, DOI and case data
Appendectomy 1 week prior. Now presents to the emergency department with acute right illiac fossa pain and abdominal distension. Patient was scanned within 1 hr of the arrival.
Contrast CT of the abdomen
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Terminal ileal stricture with thickening.
Cecum is deformed with thickening of its walls.
Multiple mesenteric lymph nodes in right illiac fossa.
Small bowel obstruction.
Reactionary free intraperitoneal fluid.
Imaging features raise a possibility of ileocecal tuberculosis.
Patient was treated conservatively
Ileocecal tuberculosis confirmed later on biopsy.
1 article features images from this case
16 public playlist include this case
- WDHB - Abdomen by Pieter Wood
- GI by Taimur
- TB by Taimur
- GI by Dr. Kenneth Kwok
- TB by ali labeeb alwan
- Survival Guide by Dr Mohamed Morsi
- GI tumours by Dr Horea Craciun
- Abdo 1 by Bob Ng
- Intestinal obstruction by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- Tuberculosis by Allister Howie
- Ileocaecal tuberculosis with intestinal obstruction by Mehmet
- IO by Mohamed Faragalla
- ct abdomen by Dr Pallavi Kamat
- VC PART II GIT GU by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- Revise by Mohamed Faragalla
- FRCR 2B 3 by Dr Sherif Mohsen