Citation, DOI and case data
Generalized abdominal pain for the past day with mild abdominal distension. No peritonism.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Huge ileocolic intusseception with the lead point from the ileum in the mid transverse colon.
Intraluminal mass acting as the lead point for the intusseception.
The small bowel is mildly dilated.
Simple cysts in the left kidney and liver.
Intusseception in adults is very different from in children when benign pathology (mesenteric adenitis) is nearly always responsible.
In adults the cause is nearly always an intraluminal mass, acting as a 'heavy weight', to pull one piece of bowel into the other in the telescoping fashion typical of an intusseception.
This case proved to be a malignant small bowel tumor at laparotomy.
15 public playlist include this case
- Exam by Dave Boha
- ABDOMEN by Adriano Torres de Oliveira
- MSDI Abdomen by Dr. J. Motley ◉
- ABDO 2 by Hannah Ireland
- FRANZCR 03 Abdo by Dr. AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- Tutorial Dr azmi by Radiology Resident Hadeel alyazori
- Call Prep Cases by Catherine (Rin) Panick
- bowel by simranjit bawa
- er cases by razan alayed
- ED abdo cases by Dr Madeleine Scicchitano ◉
- ED teaching: abdo by Jen Shoobridge
- Bowel by Dr. Mohammed Ahmed Fahmy
- The Surgical Abdomen by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- ED Abdo by Dr Xin Lyn Goh ◈
- GU/GU by Joseph R. Heston ◉