Iliac crest avulsion
Citation, DOI and case data
This young athlete presented with pain after running in a competition.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There is separation of the left iliac crest apophysis in keeping with an avulsion injury. The hips are normal.
Iliac crest avulsion is the least common of five possible avulsion injuries that can occur in the pelvis: ischial tuberosity, anteriorinferior iliac spine, anterior superior iliac spine, superior pubic symphysis and iliac crest. Forceful contraction of anterior abdominal wall muscles are the cause of iliac crest avulsion.
12 public playlist include this case
- RAL-6001 by Dr Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- CHR 664L 6 Pelvis & Symphysis Pubis by jtaylordacbr
- ACEM Autumn Symposium 2019 - Paeds by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- hanche trauma by eva
- PT MSK by brian
- MSK NEGU 29MAY by Dr Saneej Kanhirat
- Arthrites RAL-1005 by Jade
- Paeds - MSK trauma by Dr David Serich
- Don't forget the bubbles 2018 by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- Don't forget the bubbles 2017 by Assoc Prof Craig Hacking ◉ ◈
- paeds kg by Keshav Gupta
- Beináverkar by Dr Gunnar Bollason