Citation, DOI and case data
Presented to the emergency department for right iliac fossa tenderness.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
CT abdomen and pelvis reveals a large right iliopsoas bursa which corresponded directly with the site of tenderness. Osteoarthritic changes of the right hip.
This illustrates that an iliopsoas bursa can be a potential cause for pint tenderness in the iliac fossas. Image findings on ultrasound are perhaps confusing as the bursae are predominately soft tissue, not fluid and lies in close proximity to the inguinal canal.
1 article features images from this case
14 public playlist include this case
- MSK - Clinical Conditions - Pelvis and Hip by Dr Charlie Handley
- GK - MSK - Joint disease by GLK
- 6 in 35 pt 2 by Dr. Ali Smith
- Hip by Allister Howie
- Gi by Muna Almull
- Hip/Pelvis by Dr Nina
- MSK by An Lesage
- Pelvis by Dr Sharbell Hashoul
- do obejrzenia by Katarzyna Zielińska
- missc by Keshav Gupta
- VC PART II MSK by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- MSK KG by Keshav Gupta
- GK - MSK - Focal soft tissue lesions by GLK
- JY Hip by Dr Juliana K. Yee