Iliotibial band friction syndrome
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Bauones S, Iliotibial band friction syndrome. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 05 Jun 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-25184
At the time the case was submitted for publication Salem Bauones had no recorded disclosures.View Salem Bauones's current disclosures
10 Oct 2013
17 times, by 4 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
Pain at the lateral side of knee joint while running.
Age: 25 years
From the case: Iliotibial band friction syndrome
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial PD fat sat
Focal thickening of the distal iliotibial band (ITB) in regard to the lateral femoral condyle.
Ill-defined signal abnormalities interposed between the ITB and the lateral femoral condyle, compatible with edematous changes.
Findings are compatible with ITB friction syndrome.
- Muhle C, Ahn JM, Yeh L et-al. Iliotibial band friction syndrome: MR imaging findings in 16 patients and MR arthrographic study of six cadaveric knees. Radiology. 1999;212 (1): 103-10. Radiology (full text) - Pubmed citation
14 public playlists include this case
- FRANZCR 04 MSK by AMIRSALEH JAFARI
- NW # 1 by Nan Wang
- Knee by Nina
- GK - MSK - MRI - Knee by GLK
- GK - MSK - Knee by GLK
- Knee by Nina
- FRCR 2B by Janice Wee Yong Li
- Internal derangements by Kayla Beck
- MSK knee MRI by Edward Chan
- MSK cases by Reham Ibrahim
- MSK cases by Saima Batool ◉
- Knee mri by N Seth
- MSK by R. D. Colla
- mas 2 by Mohammed Elsangidy