Infected necrotizing pancreatitis
Citation, DOI & case data
Severe abdominal pain and amylase raising.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Mesenteric and peripancreatic fat stranding and small loculated fluid collections are seen with loss of enhancement at pancreatic body and tail in the post contrast images . Gas also is noted at the non enhancing section of pancreas .
Density of liver is low due to fatty liver. Delayed excretion of contrast from kidneys is seen. Bilaterally pleural and pericardial effusion are also noted .
These findings are consistent necrotizing pancreatitis.
Gas also is noted at the non enhancing section of pancreas in favor of infected necrosis. Delayed excretion of contrast from kidneys probably is secondary to nephropathy due to severe pancreatitis .
1 article features images from this case
11 public playlists include this case
- Gastrointestinal system by Rusl Al-Rhmani
- GIT by Ahmed Hamdy Mhsb
- intersting cases by Dr. Alaa Abdulhussein A. Ali
- Pancreas by Izabela Jovanovska
- Acute emergencies by Apoorva
- CT ABDOMEN by rahul p talele
- Call Prep Cases by Catherine (Rin) Panick
- KASARANENI by NAVEEN KASARANENI
- RADIOLOGY EMERGENCY by Ahmed Hamdy Mhsb
- Arman ED by Arman Seyedsaadat
- pancreas by Stefan Teodoru-Saman