Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Intertrochanteric fracture of left femoral neck is noted. There is also slight superiolateral displacement of femoral shaft.
Intertrochanteric fractures are subdivided into four types as per number of fragments into:
- two-part linear intertrochanteric fracture
- three-part with comminution of lesser trochanter or greater trochanter
- four-part with comminution of both trochanters
- multi-part with comminution of both trochanters and intertrochanteric region
- Ahn J, Bernstein J. In brief: fractures in brief: intertrochanteric hip fractures. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®. 2010 May 1;468(5):1450-2.
- Schultz E, Miller TT, Boruchov SD, Schmell EB, Toledano B. Incomplete Intertrochanteric Fractures: Imaging Features and Clinical Management 1. Radiology. 1999 Apr;211(1):237-40.