Intracranial epidermoid cyst
Citation, DOI and case data
Previously healthy man complains of at least three episodes of seizure in last four months.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
A large, well defined, extra-axial, mass lesion over the junction of right frontoparietal lobes near the midline.
The lesion returns high signal on T1WI, low signal on T1WI without contrast enhancement.
Diffusion restriction is noted in the lesion.
No adjacent gliosis.
Intracranial epidermoid cysts are relatively common, benign, intracranial lesions that have typical imaging features. They demonstrate non-enhancing low signal intensity on T1WI, high signal on T2WI, heterogeneous signal on FLAIR images and show diffusion restriction.
Case submitted by: Dr Hidayatullah Hamidi and Dr. Najibullah Rasouly
11 public playlist include this case
- neuro by amine
- Neuro by Dr Alborz Jahangiri
- Brain tough case by Vijay Laxmi
- neuro by Ulrike Bartosch
- VC CNS H N S PART II by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- CNS by Dr Hidayatullah Hamidi
- picked cases by Dr Abdullah Al-Khaldi
- Neuroradiology Playlist #1 by Assoc Prof Frank Gaillard ◉ ◈
- Schädel by Bernhard
- CASOS INTERESANTES DE NEURO by Milton Rendón
- JL Neuro by Dr Jacqueline Lubomski