Intracranial epidermoid cyst
Citation, DOI & case data
Previously healthy man complains of at least three episodes of seizure in last four months.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
A large, well defined, extra-axial, mass lesion over the junction of right frontoparietal lobes near the midline.
The lesion returns high signal on T1WI, low signal on T1WI without contrast enhancement.
Diffusion restriction is noted in the lesion.
No adjacent gliosis.
Intracranial epidermoid cysts are relatively common, benign, intracranial lesions that have typical imaging features. They demonstrate non-enhancing low signal intensity on T1WI, high signal on T2WI, heterogeneous signal on FLAIR images and show diffusion restriction.
Case submitted by: Dr Hidayatullah Hamidi and Dr. Najibullah Rasouly
11 public playlist include this case
- Neuro by Dr Alborz Jahangiri
- Brain tough case by Vijay Laxmi
- VC CNS H N S PART II by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- CNS by Dr Hidayatullah Hamidi
- Neuroradiology Playlist #1 by Assoc Prof Frank Gaillard ◉ ◈
- CASOS INTERESANTES DE NEURO by Milton Rendón
- neuro by amine
- neuro by Ulrike Bartosch
- JL Neuro by Dr Jacqueline Lubomski
- picked cases by Dr Abdullah Al-Khaldi
- Schädel by Bernhard