Intramuscular ganglion cyst of elbow
Swelling over the elbow, with occasional pain.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
There is a multiloculated cyst noted arising from the lateral aspect of the elbow with the following details:
- It measures 5.6 x 2.7 x 1.5 cm and is well defined and appears isointense on T1 and heterogeneously hyperintense on T2.
- It involves the extensor digitorum muscle/tendon, extensor carpi ulnaris muscle and the deep bundle of radial collateral ligament.
- It communicates with the radiocapitellar joint space.
- Subtle periosteal reaction noted over the lateral epicondyle.
- Small volume joint effusion noted.
This is a case of an intramuscular ganglion cyst. It is pretty uncommon in the elbow.
It is important for the radiologist to describe the anatomical relationships of the ganglion cyst, like the muscle/tendon of origin, joint space communication, adjacent bony changes and if any neurovascular compression.
Special thanks: Dr HT Gururaj