Intraneural ganglion cyst - peroneal nerve
Foot drop - 2 mths. NCV - Common peroneal nerve level pathology. Referred for nerve tracing to check anatomy / pathology
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Peripheral nerve tracing was done from distal thigh to ankle.
- Common peroneal nerve: hypoechoic / anechoic and thickened in its entire length
- Articular branch: hypoechoic / anechoic and thickened in entire visualized segment
- Superficial and deep branches: normal
A cutaneous branch from common peroneal nerve: lateral sural cutaneous nerve
- hypoechoic / anechoic and thickened
- Distal sciatic nerve, tibial nerve: normal
Findings suggest an extension of intraneural ganglion cyst from proximal tibio-fibular joint to articular branch of common peroneal nerve, ascent to to common peroneal nerve and descent to a cutaneous branch from common peroneal nerve (possibly lateral sural cutaneous nerve).
No surgical follow up.
Check out companion case no 24071 - Intraneural ganglion cyst - By Dr Jeremy Jones.