Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Frank Gaillard had no recorded disclosures.View Frank Gaillard's current disclosures
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Centered within the trigone of the left lateral ventricle is a large rounded vividly enhancing homogeneous mass surrounded by a some high T2 signal within the white matter of the temporal parietal lobes consistent with vasogenic edema. It is clearly intraventricular, is isointense to grey matter on T1 and T2-weighted sequences and demonstrates moderate diffusion restriction and elevated cerebral blood volume of blood flow on perfusion.
In the floor of the left middle cranial fossa is an extra-axial well-circumscribed vividly enhancing lesion with similar signal intensity, associated with minor hyperostosis, characteristic of a meningioma. The remainder of the brain is unremarkable in appearance.
Left trigonal intraventricular lesion almost certainly represents an intraventricular meningioma. Second smaller middle cranial fossa meningioma in the middle cranial fossa.
The patient went on to have a resection.
Sections show a well-circumscribed moderately hypercellular meningioma with a mixed meningothelial and fibroblastic architecture. Tumor is partially surrounded by a dense fibrous capsule with focal papillary excrescences resembling choroid plexus. Tumor cells demonstrate uniform nuclear features. Frequent psammoma bodies are present. No mitoses or areas of necrosis are identified. There is no evidence of brain invasion.
DIAGNOSIS: Meningioma (WHO Grade I).
1 article features images from this case
18 public playlists include this case
- MRI head cases by Francesco Gabbrielli
- CNS by Joseph Angelo Peguit
- VC CNS H N S PART II by Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- EPENDYMOMA SUPRATENTORIAL by Nguyễn Thị Thu
- Neoplastic by Eoin F
- Interesting by ahmed alaa al-agamy
- Tumours by Sophie Winkler
- CNS intraventricular lesions by Ali Labeeb Alwan
- Nezar neuro cases by nezar shlaka
- P2 - Brain tumours by Sachintha Hapugoda ◉
- CNS tumors by Naqibullah Foladi
- Favourite neuro cases by Rohit Sharma ◉
- CNS by Gregory Makris
- Casos by hans saravia
- MRI brain by Pallavi Kamat
- Neuro Core by Sean Lee ◉
- Exam cases (part 10) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- Neuro by Dito Iatashvili