Left atrial myxoma
Citation, DOI and case data
Elderly lady presented with features of an embolic stroke
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The patient underwent an echograph prior to the CT study.
Low attenuation mass within the left atrium with internal calcification.
The myxoma arising from the intra-atrial septum.
The majority of cardiac myxomas occur within the left atrium. They are typically low attenuation and may contain areas of dystrophic calcification. They arise from the intra-atrial septum and are usually well defined with a smooth border. Usually, there is no evidence of enhancement following contrast.
The differential for an intrachamber cardiac mass includes: thrombus, lipoma, metastasis, lymphoma and primary tumors, such as a myxoma.
16 public playlist include this case
- FRCR 2B Listing by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- Chest: mediastinum by Dr Annabelle Skelley
- CVS by Dr Dr Angel Mthalane
- Cardiac 4 - Masses by Dr Sean Gillen ◉
- CARDIAC IMAGING by Dr Dr Angel Mthalane
- Revise by Mohamed Faragalla
- cardiac by Dr Danus Ravindran
- 2B - Cardiac by Aman Sandhu
- Chest Viva 2 by Miguel
- 2차 시험 by JinHo Kwon
- Chest CT by THOMAS GEORGE
- herz by Ulrike Bartosch
- Paediatric Tony Chen by Dr Tony Chen
- FRCR 2B CASES CARDIAC by Dr Shaista Riaz
- cardiac by Christine Dan Lantsman
- Left atrial myxoma by Mohammed alhammadi