Citation, DOI & case data
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Irregular fibrous scar around implants in both breasts that have ruptured and collapsed - the linguine sign.
After implantation of a silicone or saline breast implant, a fibrous capsule (scar) forms around the implant shell. In an intracapsular rupture the contents of the implant are contained by the fibrous scar while the shell appears as a group of wavy lines. This has been termed the “Linguine sign” and has been most commonly described with MR imaging. Here, the same findings are seen on CT imaging in a patient with bilateral ruptured saline implants.
Credit Dr Evan Stein
3 articles feature images from this case
8 public playlists include this case
- 03 Breast (CPSP) by Dr. Afaaq Rasool Afaaq Rasool ◉
- Fatumah Namutebi by Dr Fatumah Namutebi Ssewaali
- Breast - Implant rupture by Dr David Serich
- Breast by Dr Abdullah Hajar
- My VIEWED CASES by Ikechukwu Philip Ekeh
- Грудная клетка by Георгий Алексеевич Лодягин
- SS breast by Susheel K
- Breast by Dr Yu Xuan Kitzing ◉