Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
Ahmadpour S, Liver abscess. Case study, Radiopaedia.org (Accessed on 25 Mar 2023) https://doi.org/10.53347/rID-75646
At the time the case was submitted for publication Simon Ahmadpour had no recorded disclosures.View Simon Ahmadpour's current disclosures
4 Apr 2020
10 times, by 3 contributors - see full revision history and disclosures
A ship worker flown from ship with 12/7 fevers, jaundice, mild RUQ pain, constitutional symptoms.
Age: 35 years
CT Abdomen + Pelvis
From the case: Liver abscess
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial C+ portal venous phase
Large complex multiloculated cystic structure is seen in segments VI and VII of the liver with large periportal lymph nodes. Small right-sided pleural effusion is seen.
DDx Amoebic or bacterial liver abscess.
A percutaneous drain was inserted under CT guidance by local radiology team. Aspirate cultured Klebsiella Pneumonia, consistent with primary bacterial abscess.
14 public playlists include this case
- mrcp by Tamer mohamed elsawy
- Sibby by Malte Warncke
- interventional list by Menna Aly
- Radio 2 by Lorraine Yong
- 2nd exam by Hyeonseok Noh
- Teaching 1 april by Ofer Benjaminov
- Reporting 1 by Hassan Magdy
- Liver abscess by 안광민
- love the liver by HRH M Sinn
- Abdomen CT by jose andres cordoba
- GI3-P3 by tuanleminh ◉
- Liver by Anderson Silva Chalegre
- abdomen anatomy by R D
- CAP by ehab elsayed esmael mahdi