Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Hani Makky Al Salam had no recorded disclosures.View Hani Makky Al Salam's current disclosures
Chronic hepatitis C infection.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Liver cirrhotic changes seen as irregular borders and relatively prominent left lobe and caudate. This is complicated by portal hypertension seen as marked splenomegaly and dilated portal and splenic veins with multiple dilated venous collaterals, most prominent at the lower peri-oesophagal and oesophagal submucosal groups.
Gynecomastia is also seen.
This case represents usual changes of chronic HCV as liver cirrhosis with evidence of portal hypertension. This patient is at high risk for esophageal bleeding which may be life-threatening.
1 article features images from this case
15 public playlists include this case
- Abdomen Viva 2 by Saneej Kanhirat
- good cases by nezar shlaka
- Breast - male mass by David Serich
- Liver by Anderson Silva Chalegre
- liver by nour
- Cirrhosis by Javier Gutiérrez
- Cirrhosis by Vasilii
- Abdomen Viva by Saneej Kanhirat
- viva 10 by Fahad Alabdulghani
- Liver by Oleksii Burian
- nezar hepatobiliary by nezar shlaka
- MK3 by [email protected]
- GI & hepatobiliary course by nezar shlaka
- Interesting Cases by Raj Sohawon
- Viva cases by Mohammed Abdelaziz