Lower ureteric stricture with large calculus
Citation, DOI and case data
left-sided flank pain. Ultrasound exam showed 2 cm calculus in left lower ureter.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
IVP shows a left lower ureteric calculus on control film most likely at the VUJ
The contrast study shows a moderately dilated ureter and the calculus is seen to move up and down.
The left ureter has an abrupt narrowing with dilatation of the proximal part.
There is a stricturous narrowing of the left lower ureter adjacent to the left VUJ causing stasis of urine and thereby predisposing to calculus formation
9 public playlist include this case
- RAL-1006 by Dr Julie-Marthe Grenier ◉
- GUT by asim latif
- URO by Popovici Alexandra
- Significant findings of a medically urgent nature - General radiography by Andrew Murphy ◉
- UPJO by Matthew D. Lyons
- abdome by fernando
- Ureters, bladder, urethra by Allister Howie
- Past cases by Iffat Rehman
- 20.1.2018 by Iffat Rehman