Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Safwat Mohammad Almoghazy had no recorded disclosures.View Safwat Mohammad Almoghazy's current disclosures
A case of ALL continuously febrile and lobar pneumonia for chest CT assessment.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Previous CT chest dated 8 months back was reviewed and compared and was near unremarkable.
Newly developed bilateral upper lobe segmental and subsegmental consolidative patches are seen with air bronchogram and multiple well-circumscribed hypodense with thin inner wall and fluid density within, the largest in the left upper lobe.
Appearances suggestive of multiple lung abscesses.
Right sided Port-A-Cath is noted in situ.
A few scattered bilateral ground glass nodular density are seen in the lower lung lobe and remaining segments of upper lobes.
Bilateral minimal pleural effusions are seen.
Unremarkable visualized lower neck cuts and upper abdominal cuts and the visualized bones show no suspicious lesions.
A known case of ALL.
Chest findings suggestive of consolidative pneumonia with multiple lung abscesses.
The patient treated medically and follow-up showed improvement.
- Walker CM, Abbott GF, Greene RE, Shepard JA, Vummidi D, Digumarthy SR. Imaging pulmonary infection: classic signs and patterns. AJR. American journal of roentgenology. 202 (3): 479-92. doi:10.2214/AJR.13.11463 - Pubmed
- Williford ME, Godwin JD. Computed tomography of lung abscess and empyema. Radiologic clinics of North America. 21 (3): 575-83. Pubmed
- Taira N, Kawabata T, Gabe A, Ichi T, Kushi K, Yohena T, Kawasaki H, Yamashiro T, Ishikawa K. Lung cancer mimicking lung abscess formation on CT images. The American journal of case reports. 15: 243-5. doi:10.12659/AJCR.890570 - Pubmed
1 article features images from this case
19 public playlists include this case
- Chest Teaching by anthony trimboli ◉
- thorax by Valentin Ladenhauf
- Lung abscess in consolidation by Tina
- Chest Lungs by Oleksii Burian
- TESTS CASES by Farouq zeqlam
- Chest - Clinical Conditions - Consolidation and GG by Charlie Handley
- Cavity by Nancy Cheng, Chiu-Shih
- 2nd exam by Hyeonseok Noh
- CHE - Cavitary Lung Diseases by HoangHuong
- lung - cavity by Daniela Riedl
- torax by Johana Rosinger
- Reto by Jheyson Javier Barrios Pereira
- CHEST by Michael Gonzalez Soto
- Chest by Kenneth Kwok
- chest by Julia Williams
- Consolidation by Nepean Radiology
- Lung abscesses by Mehmet
- nezar chest by nezar shlaka
- Chest by Muhammad Bin Zulfiqar