Malignant breast calcification
Citation, DOI & case data
Routine breast screening.
Bilateral Mammography, including Tomography
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Standard mammographic and tomographic views of both breasts have been supplemented with magnified coned compression views on the right side. A comparison has been made to the prior examination.
Irregular, highly suspicious microcalcification (Cat A) has developed in the inferomedial aspect of the right breast, extending over a distance of up to 3.8cm.
Elsewhere, stable scarring is seen in the upper outer quadrant of the left breast from prior surgery, without further suspicious focal mass, architectural distortion or microcalcification within either breast and elsewhere there has been no significant interval change when compared to the previous examination.
Conclusion: Highly suspicious (Cat A) microcalcification has developed in the lower inner quadrant of the right breast. Correlation with stereotactic guided core biopsy and carbon localization is recommended.
MICROSCOPIC DESCRIPTION: Multiple core biopsies show a grade 2 invasive carcinoma comprising of nests, single files, trabeculae and tubules of epithelioid cells with moderately pleomorphic nuclei. There is a moderate number of mitoses (12/10hpf). Lymphovascular invasion is present. Tumor cells are ER+ (strong, 100%), PR+ (strong 100%), HER2- (1+), Ki67 30%, E-cadherin+.
DIAGNOSIS: R breast core biopsy, 1 o'clock 4cm from nipple: Invasive ductal carcinoma, grade 2, ER+, PR+, HER2-, Ki67 30%.
22 public playlists include this case
- Breast - Calcs by Charles Werren ◉
- 3 by Shahrooz Mohammadi
- Breast viva mi by Muhammad Idris ◉
- VC PART II O AND G by Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- Breast by Abdullah Hajar
- BREAST LAST DAY RANZCR by PARTH ANUKUL NAIK
- AN - practice 2018 - breast by Western Australian Radiology Training
- mamma by Ulrike Bartosch
- FRCR 2B AMR SAADAWY (part 8) (part 1) by Amr Saadawy
- RANZCR Breast Viva 8 by Babawale S. Niyi
- SCS Breast Viva 2 by Sajith Senadeera
- Rcr by Mohammed Ahmed Fahmy
- 1st PRACTICE VIVA BREAST 20 CASES by Peter Playford Eriksen ◉
- Auntie Minnie Long Case 6 by Mark Tan
- BR 1 by Iddamali Kariyawasam
- Breast Calcification by Trina Whittaker
- 4a_006 Breast Calcification by RAB Four
- Breast Calcification Gamut by Arjun Shivananda
- VC PART II WOMENS by Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- kejsy 14 by Lech Gradziński
- Breast viva Waseem by Waseem Mehmood Nizamani
- av frcr 5 by Avni K P Skandhan ◉