Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Large well defined soft tissue mass in the right retroperitoneum region, It measures 14 x 9 x 8 cm, the lesion elicits isointense signal at T1 WI and high signal at T2 WI with enhancement at the post contrast series.
The mass displaces the IVC medially, extends superiorly anterior to the right kidney and also elevates the third part of the duodenum, No invasion of the surrounding.
Histopathology: Retroperitoneum low grade malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor.
Microscopic: Mass is formed of loose bundles of thin spindle cells of neural origin. There is low anaplasia and intact capsule.
No family history of neurofibromatosis.
Differential diagnosis of retroperitoneal masses:
3 article feature images from this case
18 public playlist includes this case
- MSK - Clinical Conditions - Soft Tissue Tumours
- 3_007 Primary Retroperitoneal Malignancies
- Abdo - Adult Clinical Conditions - Retroperitoneum
- mri abdomen
- Interesting cases
- Neuro as per path
- Primer - Spinal Cord - Tumours
- RMH/ALF - MSK - Peripheral Nerve Conditions
- Neurogenic tumors
- Abdominal lesions/conditions
- kejsy #1 (part 3)
- THX Mediastinum
- MSK - Clinical Conditions - Pelvis and Hip