Malposition of central lines into azygos vein
Citation, DOI & case data
The chest x-ray obtained for PICC line position after placement in patient 1 and an ICU chest X ray in the patient 2.
2 case questions available
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
In both these cases, the catheter tip was malpositioned. It was in the azygos vein and was adequately repositioned.
Abrupt bend at the tip of a central venous catheter is seen in both cases.
14 public playlists include this case
- Cat 1 chest conditions (CXR) - RANZCR curriculum by Dr Daniel Nour
- VIVA 4 Mhairi by Dr Colin William Primrose
- R1 Chest by Ben Ball ◉
- Lines and Tubes and Tubes and Lines! by Andrew Murphy ◉
- FMH2 - CardioVasc by Dr Guillaume Fahrni
- Chest/thoracic Cat 1 by Gabrielle
- chest by Christine Dan Lantsman
- Central line Malposition by Mayur Ganvir
- Chest by F L
- Chest VIVA by Lucy Blumer
- Chest by Zachary Merritt
- CHEST 2 by Hannah Ireland ◉
- Chest 1 by Dr Rajkumar Yalawar ◉
- Chest Cases Oct 2017 by Doctor kesy nayagam