Malpositioned PICC line
Citation, DOI & case data
Sepsis. PICC line inserted for vascular access.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Right sided PICC line, the tip of which is off the superior limit of the film having entered the right internal jugular vein and coursing cranially.
Lungs clear. No pneumothorax.
The positions of lines and tubes should be reviewed first on interpreting the chest x-ray.
This PICC line tip has traversed into the internal jugular vein rather than its desired site in the SVC.
1 article features images from this case
13 public playlists include this case
- Tubes by Dr Mohamed Morsi
- FRCR 2B 5 by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- TAN by Dr Aditi Vipin
- CXRs - Lines and Tubes by Dr Lisa Shannon ◉
- Lines for Kettle by C Naidoo
- CXR-corepathology by Dr Ian Bickle ◉
- Radiology Interview by Dr Evyn Arnfield
- FRCR 2B 4 by Dr Sherif Mohsen
- Lines presentation by Chris Slinger
- Lines and Tubes and Tubes and Lines! by Andrew Murphy ◉
- Ipswich Intern teaching by Dr Marianne Cossens
- Medical students Chest 2 by Dr Matthew Lukies
- Chest VIVA by Dr Michael Le ◉