Citation, DOI and case data
Recurrent episodes of abdominal pain with vomiting over a period of months, improving spontaneously.
CT Abdomen and pelvis
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Axial CT shows the whirlpool sign of the mesenteric vessels and malrotated bowel configuration with duodenal D3 and D4 located to the right of the spine.
Although more frequently seen in infants, midgut volvulus of malrotated bowel can potentially occur at any age.
10 public playlist include this case
- Midgut volvulus by Mehmet
- Abdomen by Dr Yasser shalabi
- GD: Paediatrics - Gastrointestinal by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- Tony Chen September 2 by Dr Tony Chen
- Paediatrics - GI by Aman
- Gastrointestinal radiology by Dr. Ranjit kumar
- Exam cases (part 5) (part 1) by Noura Alraeesi
- Paediatric Tony Chen by Dr Tony Chen
- Paeds abdo by Allister Howie
- tag2 by Maria-Rose Knessl