MRI in hyperacute stroke
Citation, DOI and case data
A eighty years old female was referred for evaluation of progressive loss of consciousness.
Note: This case has been tagged as "legacy" as it no longer meets image preparation and/or other case publication guidelines.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Subtle hypointensity is seen in right MCA territory on T1, with increased signal on T2 and FLAIR. DWI b=1000 shows the brightest signal in the right MCA territory confirming the cytotoxic edema due to hyperacute infarct.
Her CT scan revealed small hypodense foci in centrum semiovale region (old). Her MRI showed classic sequence of finding indicating hyperacute ischemic infarct in right MCA territory and small foci confirming chronic infarcts in both semiovale regions.
12 public playlist include this case
- MRI by Nguyễn Bùi Việt Cường
- Head and neck by Dr. Robert Ligetfalvi
- Clase 21-10-2020 by Emanuel AP
- AVC by bruno pereira rocha
- Cns by dr Maimoona murad khan
- Emergency Radiology - NH by Nurhuda Hendra Setyawan
- Neuro FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Infarcts by Dr M Sanal Kumar
- Neuro by dr quratulain
- spec.practic by Popovici Alexandra
- Neuro by Matteo
- neuro&spine by Popovici Alexandra