Multicystic dysplastic kidneys (MCDK)
Citation, DOI and case data
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
The left kidney shows multiple variable-sized cysts, and echogenic intervening parenchyma.
Compensatory hypertrophy of the right kidney with normal features.
Ultrasound of the left kidney demonstrates no normal renal parenchyma, the kidney having been replaced by numerous irregular cystic structures with echogenic tissue separating it. Shadowing areas either represents dense fibrous tissue or regions of calcification.
Appearances are consistent with multicystic dysplastic kidneys (MCDK) on the left in a child with compensatory hypertrophy on the right.
1 article features images from this case
19 public playlist include this case
- VC PART II PAEDS by Dr Vinicius Carraro do Nascimento
- sgnol by Vish
- Genitourinary FRCR 2B by Dr Feras Salhi
- Paeds assorted by Dr Arthur Daire
- Sono by Mohamad reza tarkhorani
- pediatrie by Monica Cernucan
- GD: Paediatrics - Genitourinary by Dr Gurjeet Dulku
- Milad GU by Dr Milad Ghasemzadeh
- JCR 2B GU by Jordan Curl-Roper
- Pediatría by Gisela Villega
- 2A Questions #1 by Dr Jeremy Jones ◉
- Urology - Ben 2 by Dr Amy Ting
- Fatumah Namutebi by Dr Fatumah Ssewaali
- Paeds Abdo by Chandra
- Tony Chen September by Dr Tony Chen
- paeds viva by Dr Yu Xuan Kitzing ◉
- Paediatric Tony Chen by Dr Tony Chen
- Paed - Clinical Conditions - Abdo by Dr Charlie Handley
- PAEDS_GENITOURINARY by Nathalie Falkner