Multicystic endometrium induced by tamoxifen
Citation, DOI, disclosures and case data
At the time the case was submitted for publication Hemilianna Hadassa Silva Matozinho had no recorded disclosures.View Hemilianna Hadassa Silva Matozinho's current disclosures
Patient with the diagnosis of breast cancer, that has been treating with tamoxifen for over a year.
Ultrasound demonstrates a thickened, irregular and cystic endometrium. The thickness is approximately of 10 mm.
When evaluating the endometrium, the first-line imaging modality is the ultrasound (US). The thickness of normal endometrium in women receiving tamoxifen remains controversial. However, it has been observed that women undergoing tamoxifen treatment usually have a thicker endometrium, ranging from 9 to 13 mm, besides the finding of cystic spaces.
The patient presented above has been under vigilance since the beginning of tamoxifen treatment, doing transvaginal US periodically to study the endometrial abnormalities that were detected as soon as the patient initiated the tamoxifen intake. No changes were observed throughout the period of the drug therapy.
Contributed by Dr. Guilherme Pioli Resende M.D. and Dr. Gabriela Aquino Schneider M.D.
- Susan M. Ascher, Izumi Imaoka, Janice M. Lage. Tamoxifen-induced Uterine Abnormalities: The Role of Imaging1. (2000) Radiology. doi:10.1148/radiology.214.1.r00ja4429
12 public playlists include this case
- A short 2021 by Abdullah Hajar
- ISODOPES - O&G by Vikrant Dhurandhar
- A Obgyn Viva 2 Waseem by Waseem Mehmood Nizamani
- P2 - Womens by Sachi Hapugoda ◉
- Gynaec Viva1 by Sivasubramanian Srinivasan
- 11032021 by Rima Kumari
- OBSGYN by Hannah Woodford
- O & G by Davina Bates
- Gynecology by abdallah abu younes
- Promet REPRODUCTIVE by Turay Cesur
- ultrasound by amir akbarzade akbarzade
- Gynecology & Obs Us by Mina Makar Lamie Kozman