Multiple system atrophy (MSA-P)
Recurrent falls on background of idiopathic Parkinson's disease.
Loading Stack -
0 images remaining
Reversal of the expected magnetic susceptibility pattern within the basal ganglia with more prominent T2* hypointensity within the putamen than the globus pallidus. There is also subtle corresponding decreased T2 signal within the putamen relative to the globus pallidus, and a linear rim of high T2 / FLAIR signal.
Findings and clinical setting are consistent with multiple system atrophy with predominant parkinsonian signs and symptoms (MSA-P).
2 article feature images from this case
22 public playlist includes this case
- Neuro toots
- Neurodegenerative (MRI)
- Schwierige Fälle
- List 1
- Lecture: Neurodegenerative - cases
- Exam cases
- Cerebral subcortical neurodegeneration
- Favourite neuro cases
- GD: Neuro - Grey matter disease
- List 1
- Neuro: 6 - Neurodegenerative Disease
- MRT Hirn
- CNS Stroke / White matter / Dementia
- The Australian and New Zealand Neuropsychiatry and Behavioural Neurology Conference 2014: MRI in neuropsychiatry and behavioural neurology.
- DB Neuro
- Neurodegenerative disease